Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Using Your Digital TV Converter Box Coupon

If you have received or ordered your converter box coupon from the government converter box coupon program then you have found the right place. In this post I will go over details about what you should do once you have your DTV converter box coupon.

The following is a list of common questions and answers related to digital TV converters and using your coupon.

Can my digital TV converter box coupon be used to purchase any converter?

No. The government has setup a specific list of coupon eligible digital converter boxes. If you are unsure about an analog digital converter that you see in a store you should check with store personnel.

What if I cannot find a retailer in my area that sells digital converter boxes and accepts the TV converter coupon?

If there are no local retailers that sell digital converter boxes and accept the coupon then you should purchase your analog digital converter box online. The government has setup a list of certified converter box retailers.

If I already purchased an analog digital converter box can I apply a coupon I just received to that previous purchase?

No! You cannot use an analog digital converter coupon for a previous purchase. All converter coupons must be presented to retailers at the time of purchase.

Can I use my TV converter box coupon more than once?

No! Your coupon can only be used one time. After use it is immediately deactivated.

What if I lose my analog digital converter coupon?

Coupons are not replaceable and will not be reissued so you need to be extra careful that your coupon is not lost or stolen.

Can I get two analog digital converter coupons and use them both toward the purchase of one digital-to-analog converter box?

Absolutely not! Using two digital converter box coupon for one purchase is strictly forbidden and will not be allowed by any retailers.

Can I use both of my coupons in the same transaction to purchase two converter boxes?

Yes! You cannot use two coupons for the purchase of one analog digital converter but you can indeed use two coupons for the purchase of two converters.

Can I sell my digital converter box coupon to someone else?

No! When the government established the coupon program they specifically made it illegal to sell the coupons. It is however acceptable to give it away to someone else if you are not going to use it.

Will all retailers that sell TV converter boxes accept my coupon?

No! Only those retailers that are certified by the NTIA will accept your digital converter coupons. The NTIA has put together a list of all certified converter box retailers.

Is there any expiration date for my coupon?

All coupons expire 90 days from the date they were mailed out to you. Each coupon you get will have a specific expiration date printed on it.

What if my analog converter box coupon expires before I use it?

Once your coupon expires you it will be immediately deactivated. If you do not use it before expiration you will lose the benefits of it. Each household can request up to two coupons but after that you cannot get anymore even if both of them expired unused.

When is the last day that I can use my DTV coupon?

Either the expiration date or roughly 90 days after March 31, 2009. Whichever date is sooner will be the last day you can use your government converter box coupon.

What if I need to exchange or return my digital to analog converters?
You should save your receipt from your analog digital converter purchase in case you need to return or exchange it. If you return your purchase you will only be refunded the actual amount that you paid and will not get your card back. If you need to exchange your digital analog TV converter for another one you will not have to pay anything extra. Of course any returns or exchanges are subject to each individual retailers policies.

Can the coupon be used to cover sales tax if the purchase of the analog digital converter price is less that $40?

No! If the converter box happens to be less than $40 your coupon will only cover the price of the box.

That is all the information that we have for you today about converter boxes. I hope that this information has been very useful and that it will make the digital broadcasting transition, analog digital TV, and the TV converter box coupon program less stressful on you.

If you need anymore information about a digital TV converter box or the digital transition feel free to email us at the email address shown at the bottom of our page or call the NTIA hotline at 1-888-DTV-2009 (1-888-388-2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment