Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Nile Cruise

This is a popular venue for tourists and residents alike. I have done it twice, but 2nd time was with family tourists so missed some of the sites - I was templed out. The trips are usually 3 or 4 days and start from Luxor or Aswan - get there by air from Cairo. Short flights. Note the plane you take will say Aswan but stops in Luxor - so be sure to get on correct plane.

Tourists usually accept what ever cruise ship is on offer from the travel agent, if on a prepaid tour. And even if you could chose, it is not easy select one cruise ship over another as information seems scant But there is a local travel agent (Panorama in Maadi) that at least has a list of the 4 and 5 star boats with pictures. See this link. I suggest try one that has balcony off the room. Ones I took had a bay window and sealed shut. I missed being able to air out the room, or feel breeze without having to trundle up to sun deck.

I will ask about at my local watering hole and if anyone suggests a specific boat (won't call these ships) they really liked and I will add it here with and edit entry. Or please leave a comments about any cruise boats experience. "good, bad, and ugly"

No comments:

Post a Comment