Monday, June 2, 2008

Road Travel is Risky Business

As I mentioned in the previous post, highway travel is dangerous in Egypt - and mostly at night. Better if planning bus trips, travel during daytime to help minimize your risk.

Late edit as found this site with many links of recent "huge" crashes and deaths
http://www.news24.com/News24/Africa/News/0,,2-11-1447_2362806,00.html

I would avoid any form of taxi or minibus on highways all together. But to be fair, there are many buses traveling each day and arrive safely - I am only saying night time increases your risks considerably. I personally will not drive on highways at night, and I have a new Mercedes.

forewarned is forearmed

See this post May 1 - At least nine passengers have been killed and 28 injured, in a tourist bus crash in Egypt. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment