Monday, June 4, 2007

I remember more ...

Reading this great post a SA Rocks I was reminded of the "good old days." The focus of the post was food products, but there were so many other images and memories it conjured up that I thought it needed a little expansion.

So here's some homework. Take a read then let me know what resonates with you. Comment or mail me the things that you remember fondly from your childhood.

Here goes ...

I remember paying 12c for bus fare to school.

I remember school bus routes ensuring you could be dropped off at most 2 block from home.

I remember playing frogger.

I remember hijacking the portable radio to listen to Springbok Radio stories after curfew.

I remember copying my first code into my Vic20... it didn't work.

I remember riding my bike everywhere.

I remember really wanting a chopper.

I remember changing that want to the newly available BMX.

I remember the SABC test pattern.

I remember Martin Baillie.

I remember the Chappies bubblegum radio advert.

I remember Wielie Walie.

I remember Afrikaans tv programmes without subtitles.

I remember vinyl records being sold at OK Bazaars.

I remember cassette walkmans.

I remember ...

No comments:

Post a Comment