Friday, April 20, 2007

Here are the SA Blog Chicks

(... actually just a few)

Last week's 'Where are the SA Blogs Chicks' post resulted in a fair bit feedback to the Eishman. So I felt it was necessary to acknowledge those blogs that were brought to my attention. Before we get to them though let me say thanks to those of you posted comments and mailed me with suggestions. I can now safely say that these are just the tip of the iceberg. It would, however, be nice to get the profiles of a few more of those blogs authored by the fairer sex significantly raised and , in my opinion, the only way we can do this is to get more female readers. Or am I wrong?

One thing I have learned while journeying through the submissions is that these girls can write! You will find very few quick one or two paragraph posts in this batch of blogs. The ladies have a lot to say, and they say it.

Here's the quick list, with summaries gleaned from the blogs. Feel free to add more in the comments once again. (The list is orderless)
  • Enigma : Merja, a 21-year-old junior journalist in Namibia. My friends back in Cape Town think I’m dodging bombs and bullets in the middle-east, they’re also under the impression that I’m next in line to win a Pulitzer award. I don’t have the heart to tell them that the only rewarding thing in my job is attending those ministerial visits that supply me with free food.
  • Megan : If you can't impress them with your intelligence, confuse them with your bullsh@$t!
  • Expensive Mistakes & Cheap Thrills : Eish say, the name is extremely descriptive .Eish recommends!!
  • Peas on Toast : Break ups, #@%* ups, hook ups, cover ups. It's how I roll. Eish says, Multi - award winning blog. 2007 SA Blog Awards - Most Humorous Blog
  • Thoughts and ramblings : These are just the random thoughts of a single girl living in Jozi, going about her own business in this crazy, interesting city and trying to find a little humour in everyday life!
  • autumnal akika : Eish says, a wacky journal-type log.
  • ChampagneHeathen : I am not one for first or quick impressions, so rather read the blog & work out all the intricacies of a Jozi chick trying to figure out where she wants to be this evening, let alone in 5 years time. Eish likes.
  • MsMozi : Eish says, she gives us a little insight into her life.
  • Limn : Jam is a sweet, slightly stewed person who lives in Johannesburg, South Africa
  • Szavannablog : Remixing open source projects, music, and guru-shishya parampara. Szavanna_blog is about art, creativity, open source & open content topics, languages and more. Eish says, a great blog.
  • Music, life and music : This my journey from being a journalism graduate with a stable-ish job in radio to being a full time muso... The ups and the downs and everything else in between. A 20-something who is trying her best to fufill her destiny. Times get rough and then they get good. I just want to share... That's all! Eish says, nice one. [Update : check out my 23 April post for my take on a recent posting, it really struck a chord with me]
  • Glad to be a girl : ift through my insanity and revel in my genius! Modesty drips off me in buckets ;). Eish says, a lot of fun, this girl can write.
  • So Close! : After being so close for so long, I have finally arraived. Life after infertility. Eish says, Tertia is SA's premier blogger. This is a must read.
  • THG* The Home Girl : My universe is perfect so give me a good reason to leave the house
  • Baze : Eish says, Always entertaining and well worth a regular visit.
  • Whispers and wandering : Eish says, she takes he blogging seriously and it shows.




Schmaak this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment