Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Damn Egypt for Cancelling Day Light Saving (DST)

Well, the new Egyptian Government, wisely I think, cancelled Day Light Saving Time (hereafter referred to as DST). But did not inform the rest of world. So my bloody computer and Blackberry and all thinks it is DST in Egypt. 

Guess what - I am sitting at computer since 3 AM (bit of insomnia) doing crap things to pass the time and low and behold the little thing on bottom right ( the time widget thing) screen says 6:25 am.

Time to get teen up for school.  And I did.   Well, up to now all is perfect as she is dressed, fed and and happy, and at least 5 minutes before school bus arrives - and fed dog on way out.

So, tired, retired, Dad went to Bed and crashed.  Why not, all is in hand and did great job. Made breakfast, prepared snack, and of course money for lunch.

Then ............................ When woke up wifely tells me story.

Read on........Her alarm went off at 6:30 am. I did not hear. She did not see me, as always I have morning shift., so went to wake up the  13 year old beast. 

Whoooooooooooooops.   - not in bed. WTF.  She ventured outside to find her waiting for bus ------------ hear this -------------one hour early.

 So, moral of story - check your damn electronic stuff for time...........

I am sticking with Alarm clock that is battery driven not this net stuff.

Anyway - my story


No comments:

Post a Comment