Saturday, December 12, 2009

Adobe Flash Player 10 - No Sound Fix Solved

I had this problem with no sound when playing Youtube, etc, when I had to upgrade to Flash Player 10, because Youtube told me to. I have XP SP3. I googled for quite a time and finally found the fix.. So maybe to save others time here is the fix, with oodles of thanks to original poster. See link below.

First I used Revounistaller and removed files Adobe AIR and Shockwave. Not sure this helped but did it anyway.

Download this file and install. this did the trick for me and all works fine. but, if in your case not read below for more advice from others I found with google search

Then at this link, (Post copied below). I did as mentioned and found my registry was OK but the last link for registry repair did the job and gadzooks it worked. Hope this helps others. The registry repair is at this link . download and install. Be patient at this link as it takes a few minutes to load the file for download.

"Re: No sound in flash player" Quote from link given above.

Guys, got the solution, there is a registry line missing for some shi...ty update. By adding it from regedit, the problem is solved

this is what you need to do

1. Launch Registry Editor by typing regedit at Run command.
2. Navigate to the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
3. On the right pane, and check for existance of “wavemapper” registry subkey.If not found, create a new String value named “wavemapper” (without the quotes).
4.Once named that way, double click on it and add the value “msacm32.drv”. (without the quotes and write it down in the place where it lets you write.
If wavemapper entry is already existed, ensure that its value data is “msacm32.drv”.

It worked for me, I hope this works for you!!!

If you need dummy explanations please let me know, I can be a little more specific.

if this does not work, check this other place out http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/0...io-in-windows/

No comments:

Post a Comment